What is BernieForms?
BernieForms is a tool that allows brokers to streamline the distribution, collection, and submission of Individual Medical Questionnaires (IMQs), which insurance carriers use to underwrite group health plans.
What am I going to like best about BernieForms?
When you use BernieForms, you will receive far fewer HR and employee complaints about the health questionnaire process than received using any other approach. Additionally, BernieForms will save you a lot of time and heartache throughout the entire health questionnaire process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Will I save time by using BernieForms?
Employees complain about IMQs for three main reasons:
- If they have to fill out more than one questionnaire, and you’re using paper, they will be unhappy about having to answer the same questions multiple times.
- It requires a separate login from wherever they elect their benefits.
- It mixes questions about benefits enrollment with health questions, which is confusing as some employees may think that they are being asked to enroll in benefits.
With BernieForms, no matter how many health questionnaires you include, employees will only receive one centralized form, so they do not have to answer the same question more than once.
Additionally, BernieForms offers single sign on with BerniePortal, meaning employees can use the same login information to access BernieForms.
BernieForms is a single-purpose product, designed solely for the purpose of collecting the health information requested on carrier health questionnaires. Benefits enrollment questions are not mixed with health questions.
What other benefits should I see?
It might also help you win new business. With BernieForms, you can get quotes for a prospect that you otherwise would not have been able to because the prospect wouldn’t let you collect employee IMQs if you weren’t using BernieForms.
Finally, it may enhance your reputation as a tech-savvy broker with your current clients.
How can I buy BernieForms?
Where will people go to login to BernieForms?
Will every member of my brokerage team have admin access to BernieForms?
This is because our research indicates that brokerages designate the task of coordinating health questionnaires to a single person in their agency. If it turns out there is demand for multiple people to have admin access to BernieForms, we can evaluate that as a feature request.
Does BernieForms offer any sort of integration with BerniePortal other than single sign on for employees?
How do I import an employer’s employees from BerniePortal into BernieForms?
BernieForms will ask you for that API key when you click to import an employer from BerniePortal. Once you paste it in the field and submit, the employer will appear in your BernieForms list.
Why is my agency just one option in the BernieForms integration list for the employer to choose?
Any brokerage that has been granted access to that employer’s information with the API key will appear under the BernieForms header in the Integrations section. This means that an employer could allow more than one brokerage to access its employees’ information for purposes of importing into BernieForms and collecting IMQs to run quotes.
When a form request is completed, will the employee’s IMQ automatically be sent from BernieForms to the carrier?
How do I create my library of health questionnaires?
Then, you map each questionnaire to indicate where the employee data should fall on it. The purpose of this is to create one centralized, master questionnaire for employees.
If the questionnaire has fields that are not standard fields in BernieForms, you’ll just create those fields, selecting whether there should be optional answers or an open ended text field, then map them.
If one of my custom fields is used on more than one questionnaire, do I have to create that field more than once?
Does BernieForms come preloaded with any health questionnaires?
Why not?There are hundreds of questionnaires and carriers often make exceptions to how the questionnaires need to be filled out for different brokers. The questionnaires also get updated all of the time. Meanwhile, it only takes between 30 and 90 minutes to map a questionnaire. In BernieForms, brokers can manage their own questionnaire library and control the experience.
Can I email my health questionnaires to someone at BernieForms or my Advisor Success BerniePortal team member to map them?
How will I get support with my BernieForms account?
I notice that BernieForms has the concept of “rectangles” in the mapping process. What is that?
There are two rectangles – one for dependent information and the other for details about health conditions. The information for both of these appended sections will be collected from the employee automatically throughout the process – you do not have to do anything additional or map anything beyond the rectangle box.
Can I use BernieForms to collect benefit elections?
Sometimes insurance companies have one form for both health questionnaires and election forms. What do I do in this circumstance?
- Prospect: you’re getting the health questionnaire completed by employees of an employer prospect. In this situation, it would not be appropriate to be submitting benefit elections to the carrier anyway.
- Quoting for a client: you’re getting the health questionnaire completed by employees of a client, but just for some options to present at renewal meetings. You don’t know that the client is going to move to the carrier. Again, it would not be appropriate to be submitting benefit elections to the carrier anyway.
- New hire at a client: you’re getting the health questionnaire completed by a new hire of a client. Here, you do need to submit the employee’s benefit elections to the carrier. One option, if the carrier will accept it and it is otherwise appropriate, would be to submit the employee’s BerniePortal election sheet along with the questionnaire.